A great Day trip to appreciate the culture of Hittite and Hatti civilizations if you love history of older civilizations. As one of the UNESCO Heritage Sites in Turkey, Hattusha & Alacahoyuk should be on your must see list of Historical sites in Turkey
Early morning pick up from hotel and continue to;
* Alacahoyuk, as an open air museum today it dates back 4,500 years to the Chalcolithic period, was one of the most important centers of the Hittites. It has a magnificent gate with a sphinx, as well as religious and official structures, and it was also home to the first dam in Anatolia.
* Hattusha (Bogazkale), Religious and political capital of the Hittite Kingdom for almost 500 years, the ancient site of Hattusas constitutes one of the most important archaeological sites in Turkey. Having imported cuneiform script from Mesopotamia and the Assyrian trade colonies, the Hittites recorded the most minute details of their civilization. Exhaustive archives of public, political, and religious life have been found in several repositories throughout Hattusas, and thanks to the work of a Czech linguist who succeeded in deciphering the Hittite alphabet in 1915, a wealth of information on one of the most important ancient civilizations of Anatolia is now available.
We visit Walls of Hattusha, Ruins of Great Temple & Green Stone, Lion Gate, Great Sphinx Gate & The Postern (underground passageway) built on large stone blocks, Acropolis & Royal Castle, Southern Citadel, King’s Gate and more ruins..
* Yazilikaya, Sacred shrine with important Hittite relief carvings on Rocks. We hike the walkway to a group of tall rocks, amazing reliefs of deities, Kings, Queens, Gods & Goddeses carved on the rock walls and totally out in the open.
End of Tour, return to Cappadocia Hotels.
• Collection & return to Hotel in Cappadocia
• Expert Tour Guide in English ( other languages available )
• All admission fees in tours
• Transportation with comfortable AC nonsmoking Minibus / Van
• Parking Fees
• Optional Activities
• Drinks and meals which are not listed at the itinerary.
• All personal expenses.
• All customary tips to guides & driver